Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Belly, Happy Amy

So, I subscribe to Houston Tidbits. I get emails almost every day with fun things happ'nin around town.

Two days ago, OJ emails me a Tidbit for piloxing. Pilates+boxing. Does that sound like something I'd like to get sweaty over? Hells yes!

So we signed up for 5 class, half price, at Happy Belly Studios. Tonight, I went my first class.

5:15-6:30 Baptiste Power Vinyasa. What the heck is that? So glad you asked. I had no idea either.

Sounds like a good ol booty bustin' time!
Yoga studios are always intimidating because the yogis there are obviously intentional. You know this because they pay an absurd amount of money to practice at a yoga studio as opposed to their local 24 Hour or LA Fitness. This one was no different. I was definitely the only person incapable of one-handed, one-legged chatarangas or headstand backbends.

Still, this workout ROCKED and I'm really excited to go back. I love classes where the instructors correct your pose or offer guidance down to the tiniest detail ("Your weight should be on your forefingers!" "Twist at your hips but keep your spine straight!").

Dude you really did make me happy!
Sad fact: I've never had guns. Those babies were shaking within the first 15 minutes of class. Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is cut arms. (That ponytail created quite the puddle of sweat tonight. I'm proud of you, ponyStill.)
 Happy Belly, Happy Amy.

Thanks, Houston Tidbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment