Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday

I stayed home from work today. I don't know if it was the marathon or just general life-exhaustion, but I felt like a cinder block all week long. I woke up this morning and thought, "There's no way. I can't do it another day." So I didn't. Sometimes, I really, really love the flexibility of my job.

On grad school:

My first class is a STATS class. MATH. INTENSIVE. Thanks, school counselor. I ordered all my books and printed off all the supplemental readings my professors have posted online. In one class, I've already filled up an entire 1-1/2" binder with extra stuff to read. I already have about 200 pages to read and a quiz on Tuesday. I'm half terrified, half exhilarated!

I haven't done any exercise since the marathon. True fact. Going dancing tonight though, so...I'm counting that as my first foray back into aerobic activity.

Have you seen this? I watch it about five times a day.


2 comments:

  1. It's okay to take some well deserved and well needed rest after a marathon! Your body usually does a good job of telling you what it needs...glad you listened!
    I'm getting back starting tomorrow with a few hours on the bike and a nice long swim. Still no impact though - my ankles are still angry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* Fro Yo? Do you know that I watch this video almost daily? I love you and miss youuuuuuu! Come back to Alaska.

    ReplyDelete