Saturday, January 14, 2012

Let's Do It Again!

The Houston marathon is fiiiinally tomorrow, and I am equally nervous and excited!

Already the organization surrounding this marathon blows Dallas out of the water. The French Ninj and I went to the expo and retrieved our bibs today.

All Immodiumed up and READY TO RUN!

We also geeked out and made matching shirts for race day tomorrow, which makes me laugh and also motivates me to keep up with her because people will definitely not get the joke if we're not side by side (specifically with her running to the left of me).

The energy in downtown Houston today was unbelievable - the Olympic time trials added an extra crispness to the already gorgeous day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 60's and cloudy. Just as long as there's no rain, I am pumped!

I don't want to put the cart before the horse (because I haven't even started let alone finished the dang thing), but I am so jazzed to be running another marathon, and to be running with friends, and to be running in a city I know. Our goal for tomorrow is a sub-5 hour with no walk breaks. I have no doubt in the Ninja, and I'm hopeful for myself. Assuming everything goes well, this will be my last marathon for the time being.

Anyways, God is good! So many things to be thankful for - so, so many things!

Until tomorrow! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment