Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginnings

Ahhh, Beginnings. Remember how I'm working on upping the sappy quality of my post titles? One point for me!

Okay, but...before we get into Beginnings, I think we need to have a word on Endings.

Yesterday was all around the best year ending I've ever had. I ran not a few miles. (Bonus: I think after all my runs this past year, all toenails remaining in tact, yesterday's run is going to claim not one toenail but two. I am that hardcore.) (I also have never chaffed so bad in my entire life. Hard. Core.)

I met up with some friends. Awesome, hilarious girlfriends. And then I went across town and met up with some more friends, who hosted a faboosh party. Then I went back across town and ended the night with that original group of awesome, hilarious girlfriends. And it was all good - very, very good! This was a New Year's Eve without stress, worry, any negative emotions or sadness. It was perfect, and it made me so, so thankful to end the year surrounded by all the best parts of 2011.

So that being said I'm just going to let these pictures speak for themselves and you can infer all the laughter, merriment and 2012 postulating that happened...
















So THAT was a great night. And with that, I'm leaving behind 2011.

Today, I've lounged around and eaten a VERY cream cheese-y bagel and journaled and - most awesome thing ever alert - paid my last month's rent at my current apartment. Halleluuuu!

...And now it's time to get out of bed and get stuff done. LOTS to do in 2012, no time to spare! :)

All the best to you in this most wonderful New Beginning, First Day of the Year, Clean Slate, etc. This is our year. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That's my elevator! You should have come by and said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like you had a fabulous New Year's Eve - that must mean you're in for a fabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete