Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gone Again

Yesterday I hopped on another little plane and took off for Odessa. Work trip.

I was at the very front of the plane. I can't tell if pilots have an easy or a hard job - all those buttons look complicated but I wonder how many they actually have to push.
After a quick nap, we landed and immediately went to dinner.

Score. Love me some West Texas hick town!
I ate a thousand peanuts and then pulled my act together for dinner: small salad with fresh vegetables as a side. I was so proud of myself that when my travelling buddy asked if we could go to Sonic, I not only said we MUST but I downed a chocolate sundae...and then a chocolate chip cookie once we got to the hotel.

I feel I spat in the face of this woman with my late night snafu. I went to bed angry at myself and a little terrified of visions of Jillian reaming me out in my dreams.
Sigh. The food guilt lingers today, but I can't let it get me down. New day. New opportunities.

Eating right and exercising is always a pain on work trips, but my goal today is just to eat a little less. Make smart choices at lunch and dinner, and leave a little on the plate. Gentle goals. Kind goals. Any average Jane can do this goals. Fortunately I'm here only until Friday.

Since there wasn't a Post-It Wisdom Wednesday yesterday, I'll leave you with this:

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that
Which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate,
But strong in will to strive, to seek,
To find and not to yield.

I don't know who wrote those lines, but I know they were important to this man:

Andre the Figurative Giant
A quick commentary about Open, Andre Agassi's autobio. I really, really enjoyed this book. I am amazed at people who are uber-talented at completely opposite things, like tennis and writing. There was a LOT of tennis-talk and match-recaps in the book, and I thought for sure I'd get bored, but he had the perfect amount of fact and emotion. It was the perfect blend of autobiography and memoir. Definitely recommend.

Okay, off to school some good ol' boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment