Monday, December 12, 2011

Get up!

After spending the weekend channeling these two beloved characters...



...I figured it was time to get up out mah pit.

I had a 30 minute shred-sesh with Jillian Sunday afternoon, then went to the gym and rode a stationary bike for 40 minutes. Why does biking burn so few calories?! Some yahoo was watching Animal Planet so I spent those 40 minutes choking back tears for all the newborn baby turtles that got eaten by herons before reaching the ocean...the iguana seeking protection from an eagle that eventually tore him to shreds...and all the other deaths I witnessed.

Murderer!

Did you know it was a full moon this weekend? Didn't dawn on me until driving to work this morning. Suddenly it all, all, all makes sense. 

OJ met up with me after the gym for some good old fashioned dinner, wine and tough love. That girl gives it to me straight, and I love it. It hurts, no doubt. It's challenging, for sure. But it's real and it's usually accompanied by froyo, so that almost immediately makes it all better.

Anyways, great news came in the form of Ninja correspondence: She found me an entry to the Houston Marathon!

And just like that, I'm back, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment