Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To be Read and Re-Read

When our starting point is a place of gratitude, we have already won before we begin. –Kristen Armstrong

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience. Emerson

Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go. Eliot

Isn’t it great how certain people can elicit our improvement simply by their presence? – KA

One act of beneficence, one act of real usefulness, is worth all the abstract sentiment in the world. Ann Radcliffe.

Yesterday afternoon and today have been hard. I took a shower after I got home from the gym yesterday, got in bed, and stayed there until I went to sleep. Today has gone pretty quickly, but the weight of missing my best friend is heavier than usual, making my routine feel cumbersome and uninspiring.

Fortunately, God is gracious, and He brought me across these quotes throughout the day. What a treasure trove of words!

No comments:

Post a Comment