Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday!

This is a wimpy thing to admit, yet I’m extremely proud: I ran 3 miles straight yesterday! It’s nothing to write home about, but it was a personal victory because I’ve never done that before, and because by the time I was done with mile 2, I felt like there was no way I’d make it to mile 3.

See, I have a problem finishing things. It stems from a fear of commitment; the thought of signing up for something and then following through 100% is an almost impossible task for me. It’s a character flaw, I know, and one of the ways I’m working through it is exercise. Though it may seem like the babiest of baby steps, being able to run through that last mile is an accomplishment worth recording, and it gives me hope for other commitments I want to someday make and then follow through on.

So here comes the new goal: half marathon training. I’m not pledging to actually do a half-marathon (yet), but I’ve got my training schedule all printed out and I plan to follow it. Got some new Asics yesterday for additional motivation.

Another exciting thing is that the trip to Thailand is back on, and unless something goes awry, I’ll be booking my flight/hotel next week! Can’t wait! The end of this rotation is rapidly coming to an end, and then it’s off to Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment