Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vino

As life in Houston grows into more of a routine, and a great routine at that, I'm losing interest in this blog. I won't let this happen! Writing is such a wonderful, organic form of art, and it challenges me in ways that painting does not. If there's one thing I want more of in this life, it's challenge.

I've been in a vindictive, sullen mood this week. It happens. I recognize it as something I'm going through, not as who I am at my core. This is something Charlie has been patient and kind enough to teach me. He's been a true Christ-like example of the teaching that when I accept Jesus, my sinful core is replaced with righteousness, and even when I act wrongly, it's not a true representation of who I am. Praise the Lord!

Tonight I went to a wine bar with three co-workers/fellow interns. What fun! We are all very young, very ambitious and very naive -- it's good to be reminded every so often that I'm not alone. They are all three extremely savvy; I'm super lucky to "have them."

I'm not sure what my plans are for this weekend. I'm thinking of maybe staying in Houston to have a Renaissance weekend: hole up, paint, read, write, cook and sleep. This always sounds like a good idea until I realize being with people is the most fruitful, inspirational part of my life, giving meaning to the arts I produce.

All four of us interns are dating; none of us are looking to get married for quite some time. I'm very excited about this. When I think about the married people I know who are around my age, I cringe and then laugh and then thank the LORD He didn't choose that path for me. Yuck. (I just though of one couple that this doesn't apply to -- other than the Williamsons, thank you Jesus.) I'm also thankful to not have much money, and to probably not be marrying into much money when I do get married. I want poor, inventive, imaginative, raw and not cushioned by the root of all evil. Just enough to take a trip every once in a while...and to grill out a couple times a month.

Things are so good, even though it's been a tough, busy week. I'm so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment