Thursday, March 5, 2009

No Title Today

Glad the week is almost over, especially since it's felt like Friday since...Monday. Those are never fun. I've been hugely busy doing report after report after report; can't say I've loved it with as much intensity as I love spaghetti. I love spaghetti a LOT.

Let me highlight the menu of my week. My love of cooking and cuisine is growing faster than I can say "herb de provence" and food is pretty much my favorite topic these days!

Charlie came to Houston this weekend, and Saturday night we made two pizzas from scratch, a ritual of ours. Well, one wasn't completely from scratch as we used naan bread. But they were both far from Papa John's, although his pizzas aren't half bad either! We also downed an entire tub of Dreyer's girl scout Samoas ice cream in two days! Monday and Tuesday nights were spent with rooms full of sweating yogis, so I didn't eat anything exciting then. Wednesday my mom and I took off work because I had a pretty intense (read: uncomfortable and yuck) doctor's appointment. We had THE BEST Greek food for lunch: Fadi's. Greek potatoes and chicken schwarma -- freakin' yum! Today for lunch I had authentic, real Mexican food, and it was better than any Tex Mex I've ever had. I'm trying to convince my parents to go back with me tonight (it's Thursday night, their Mexican food night).

This is a complete tangent. Come along, if you please. Sometimes I do stuff that I know will make me feel worse when I'm already down. I'm not sure why I do this, but I don't like it and I'm trying to stop. Goes back to that whole "As long as I'm the best Amy Still I can be, what's happening in my periphery does not matter."

Despite my efforts to eliminate TV from my life, except for Lost and the Office and maybe 1 or 2 other shows, I'm becoming more and more fascinated by home renovation shows. I met a boy at NOV today who used to run a construction company, and he has all the equipment I would need to become a carpenter. He shall become my new best friend.

Speaking of the Office, is it just me or is Jim looking bad these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment