Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Happiness Project

Today this website is really bringing some great thoughts and ideas into my head and heart. (This website is the offspring of a book called The Happiness Project, but...the website is free. And totally accessible to me right now, in this very moment, without having to drive to a bookstore in the rain).

It's too easy to get bogged down in the "wants." A lot of my mental energy is spenting wanting for things, rather than hoping for true fulfillment...
like
unending, nonjudgemental love
real laughter
substantive thoughts
long-lasting health
and
experiences that will leave me a changed, better person.

These are worthy of energy and lost sleep. ...Not that losing sleep has ever made me a happier person.

Point being, check out The Happiness Project. Maybe if everyone did just one thing every day to consciously bring happiness to themselves or others, this place could be a whole lot different.


Here's my contribution to your happiness:

Roger and Benny. Best beacons of happiness in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment