Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Five


I've been focusing all my emotional efforts recently into being a sane person. 

Do y’all ever go through times when that seems like an almost insurmountable task? Like, you know you’re on the verge of just being a normal, content, fulfilled person, but that edge is driving you insane. That is me. That is my life.

So I’ve been journaling like mad. I am an indiscriminate journaler. I will journal on any piece of paper, napkin, gum wrapper or old box I can scrawl on. I’ve been very specific about what I write, too. I’ve given myself parameters so I won’t even waste any time journaling thoughts I’m trying to get rid of anyway.

I journal “The Five” and “His Five.”

“The Five” are the five things I’m most grateful for that day. They can be ANYTHING. This morning I journaled that I was thankful Benny’s leg wasn’t permanently damaged when I accidentally shut it in a door yesterday. I journaled that because I’m SERIOUSLY thankful Benny’s leg wasn’t permanently damaged when I accidentally shut it in a door yesterday. (By the way, damn that dog is a drama queen.)

“His Five” are the five things I’m most grateful for about Noel that day. This list can also contain anything. I journaled this morning that I’m thankful he has good hair. Don’t judge my list. I said I can journal whatever I want.

Anyway, this is all in an attempt to slow down and appreciate everything I have, which is enough. I am tired of always wanting. I want to not want anymore. Journaling helps me refocus and literally see the things I have that make me most happy on a daily basis.

I also journaled that I was thankful for sparkling shiraz while watching “Something’s Gotta Give.”

Don’t judge my list I said!

No comments:

Post a Comment